Terms and Conditions
This online version should be used for information purposes only. The full content of our terms and conditions shall be in the individual rent contracts.
01. Rental amount and rental deposit: the rental amount varies according to the unit, number of guests, and length of stay. Shorter rental contracts shall result in higher rental prices. Rental deposits may be required and vary according to length of stay, unit and number of guests.
02. Minimum length of stay varies across advertised units. This ranges from 3 days to 1 year.
03. Handover: The apartment shall be made available to the tenant as of 17:00 on the agreed rental period start date. The handover shall be completed by 10:00. Handover can occur in person (with an Armotti representative) or instructions for key pick up can be sent to you prior to check-in date.
04. Check-out: The apartment must be handed over reasonably clean. Furniture, cables and decoration should be put back in their original place (if moved). Broken equipment and furniture should not be replaced, but informed to Armotti during or before check-out. Failure to do so may result in fines.
05. Rental property usage: The rental property may only be used to house the persons listed in the contract. Overcrowding shall permit the landlord to charge an additional fee and/or terminate the contract without notice. The property may be used for residential purposes only. Using the apartment to promote or practicing prostitution is prohibited and subject to fines up to 1'000chf, in addition of immediate termination of contract.
06. Rental property maintenance: Urgent repairs must be immediately referred to Armotti. If neither can be reached and more damage seems likely, the tenant must deal with the issue himself and in good faith.
07. Rental property alterations: The tenant is prohibited from making alterations to the rental property. The landlord must give indication of repair work on the property at least one month in advance.
08. Reservation: A reservation fee of 10% of the total amount (or, in the case of long-term rental, of the first month's rent) is due when the contract is concluded. In the case of cancellation prior to 2 weeks before arrival date, 100chf fee shall be charged and the remainder shall be refunded to the guest. In the case of reservations longer than 2 months this amount is not refundable. Please note cancellation and refund terms may vary for longer-term contracts.
09. Payments: Payment of the full rental amount (or first month's rent in the case of long-term contracts) is due 2 weeks before check-in. Payments can be made through bank transfers. Payment by credit cards are possible upon request.
10. Cleaning: Cleaning services can be arranged at extra costs. The end cleaning is the only cleaning included in the price.
11. Internet: Internet access shall be provided via WiFi (wireless access) for up to two web browser-enabled devices per room. In instances of interference or failure, Armotti can offer a temporary solution at a location inside the building within 48 hours (weekdays). Varying Internet usage levels - in particular during the evenings - may affect the connection’s speed. Armotti is not responsible for hardware/software belonging to the tenant. Armotti makes no guarantee regarding the speed and performance offered by the Internet provider.
12. Smoking: Smoking is prohibited in both the rooms and the building’s public spaces. Violations of this rule shall result in the billing of repair and cleaning costs. Smoking is allowed in balconies, gardens and uncovered spaces only. Non-compliance subject to fines up to 150chf.
13. Termination, cancellation, and refund: Conditions set in the rent agreement. Cancellations or early termination of short-term stays (under 30 days) are possible at any time. Cancellations up to 2 weeks before arrival shall count with a full refund (minus 100chf administration fee). Cancellations within 1 week of arrival shall count with a 50% refund. No refunds are possible in the case of no-show. For longer-term contracts (over 30 days) refunds and early terminations may have similar or stricter conditions depending of the property and length of stay.
14. Missing key: The landlord is permitted to replace/alter the lock and key/locking system at the tenant’s cost during or at the end of the rental period in the case of key loss.
15. Background Check: Prior to a contract’s conclusion, all interested parties may be assessed for ability to pay and subjected to an internal background check. The landlord shall take submission of the Inquiry Form as proof of interest.
16. Pets: pets are not allowed in any Armotti apartment unit. Non-compliance subject to fines up to 150chf.
17. TV/radio license fees: In the event that the tenant registers an official place of residence in Switzerland, he or she shall be responsible for paying statutory license fees.
18. Applicable law: Unless otherwise agreed in the contract and in the General Conditions, the provisions of the Swiss Code of Obligations (Article 253 et seq OR) shall apply.